|Apply Online Now! |
Community Living embraces a person centred approach and provides a range of services to people with intellectual disabilities. Our aim is to maximise the independence and quality of life for people we support while building and developing partnerships with whānau/families and communities.
We are looking for 2 people with experience from the health and/or disability sector to work on a fixed-term (6-8 mths), part-time basis (approximately 24 hours per week + on-call hours covering 3 to 4 nights each week) to work on a shared roster to cover our out-of-hours on-call service.
The role involves assisting our Specialist Support Workers, as well as people we support and their families, to work through urgent and/or challenging situations out-of-hours. Largely this will be providing advice on behaviour support strategies but will, in some instances, involve crisis management. The role will also organise last minute shift cover for services when required.
Work will generally be undertaken over the phone but will also require time in the office, as well as onsite visits to Hamilton-based services where needed.
Remuneration will be via a salary for the set part-time hours plus allowances for being on-call outside the set hours.
The role may be ideal for someone who is wanting to balance work with study, childcare, part-time work, or other commitments.
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of behaviour support strategies for people who can present with complex or challenging behaviours.
- Ability to gather and assess key information and make timely decisions over the phone, including crisis management
- Experience in rostering staff on shifts
- Be a calm and clear communicator
- Strong computer skills, including web-based systems
- Understanding and upholding the Articles and Principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Hold a full, clean NZ drivers licence
- Be able to satisfactorily pass Police & CYFS checks
Highly Desirable requirements:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Experience in the development of positive support strategies
If this sounds like you, click 'apply for this job' to submit both your cover letter and CV/Resume. For further job specific information, please contact Brian Smyth on 021 020 20332
Applications close on Sunday, 4 October 2020.
The health and wellbeing of our employees and the people we support is very important to us. As such Community Living is a smoke-free environment and operates a drug and alcohol free workplace where we have a random testing programme for all employees.
Apply Online Now!