Please find below the link to the vacancy for Intensive Service Manager
Community Living embraces a person directed approach and provides a range of services to people with intellectual disabilities. Our aim is to maximise the independence and quality of life for people we support while building and developing partnerships with whānau/families and communities.
We are looking for an experienced people leader to join us in a full time position to lead and manage a team of support staff who deliver quality supports for rangatahi/children.
The role will involve managing a range of services including respite, home based support and bespoke placements for high and complex young people.
You will also work with other professionals to develop and implement new and innovative operational services.
Throughout, you will be required to manage the day to day services that are dynamic and change dependent upon the needs of each person supported. You will need to be able to motivate your teams to ensure efficient and effective service delivery whilst maintaining a fun and learning environment for the rangatahi/children.
- Have relevant people leadership and supervision experience
- Hold a full, clean NZ drivers licence
- Be able to satisfactorily pass Police & CYFS checks
- Fantastic communicator
- Strong computer skills
- Great attitude and people motivator
- The ability to follow clear directions, organise priorities, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Be available to participate in an on-call roster
- Show success in achieving results, outcomes and making improvements
- Demonstrated ability to use web based systems
- Understanding and upholding the Articles and Principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
Highly Desirable requirements:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Demonstrated experience of developing positive support strategies for people with communication, behavioural and/or medical needs
If this sounds like you, click 'apply for this job' to submit both your cover letter and CV/Resume. For further job specific information, please contact Kelly Olsen on 0274-787 717.
Applications close on Sunday 4 October 2020.
The health and wellbeing of our employees and the people we support is very important to us. As such Community Living is a smoke-free environment and operates a drug and alcohol free workplace where we have a random testing programme for all employees.